Halloween Themed Reese’s Pieces Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Reese’s Pieces are AWESOME. They are literally one of my favorite candies. So, when it came time to think of a good Halloween themed recipe, I immediately though of these oh-so-delicious morsels. And what better to go with the delicious peanut butter flavor of Reese’s Pieces than chocolate? Nothing…there’s nothing better.
…. And so were born these Reese’s Pieces Chewy Chocolate Cookies.
Related Recipe: The Most Amazing Butterfinger Cookies
These Reese’s Pieces Chewy Chocolate Cookies are great if you’re looking to whip up a quick batch of cookies for a Halloween party because, come on, you’ve got a party to get ready for! You don’t have time to slave over some complicated dessert…there’s costume makeup and hair to do. Plus, did I mention peanut butter and chocolate? YUM.
As well as being super delicious (I promise, you can’t just eat one), these cookies are quite easy to make. And the cookie dough is wonderful to snack on while you’re rolling out the cookies! I only like to bake 2 sheets of cookies, so whatever dough is left over is mine for the taking (for the eating?). Note that I make these when the boyfriend is not home to avoid the problem of sharing. Cookie dough is for eating, not sharing.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, plus one egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli, but any brand will do)
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder, and stir until fully combined.
- Mix in the Reese’s Pieces.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1” balls and place 2” apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will appear underdone but will continue to cook as they cool.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet (if you can) and enjoy!
Danielle is author of the food blog Went Here 8 This. She has a love of all things food and enjoys spending her time creating recipes, cooking, and of course eating! In addition to creating and cooking recipes, she enjoys traveling the globe with “the boyfriend” on the hunt for the best food. She also does some freelance writing on the food scene in her hometown of San Diego, CA. If it’s food related, you better believe she’s all about it!