Back to School Shopping at Office Depot
Office Depot is school supplies central. If you need a school supply item, you can find it here.
My best tip for shopping at Office Depot is to shop the sales and not uying everything in one trip. They seem to be having items for $0.25 each week. Stock up on those items when they are so cheap.
They also have $0.01 deals. Unfortunately, to get these items so cheap, you have to spend $5 first. A great way to hit this minimum every week is to buy one higher priced item a week. Buy a backpack and the penny items. Next week get the lunch box. You get the idea.
Did you know that Office Depot accepts coupons? Here is what to remember when using coupons:
- They accept manufacture coupons
- They also accept competitor coupons!
- My local store considers everyone a compeitor, including Target
- You cannot stack a store coupon with a manufacture coupon
They also price match. Office Depot has a price match guarantee. Basic tips to remember:
- You can get one item per pm
- You have to have proof, whether it be a physical ad or online
- They match Amazon, but only if it is sold and shipped by them
- They can chose to deny your pm under any circumstance
If you are a teacher, you get an extra way to save! On August 1-4 and August 29-1st of September (2015), it is teacher appreciation days. Teachers will receive a coupon for 25% off your entire purchase. Teachers also get a calendar that is supposed to have coupons in it. Hopefully they give out bags full of stuff and doughnuts again.
Other things you need to know about shopping at Office Depot.
- Get there on Sunday! They tend to run out quick. Or at least my store does.
- They won’t give rainchecks on sales. It’s a pain.
- They tend to have limits on how many items you can buy.
- If you need more than the limit, either go a couple of times that week or bring friends.
- They have the store set up in sections with the sale items in the main aisle set up in “lockers.” That’s where to look first.
Office Depot has pretty nice backpacks. They are a little bit expensive, so try to find a store coupon to use. Or wait for them to go on a good sale.
They also sell “really useful boxes.” I really don’t have a use for them, but come on, they are adorable! They even have little organizers for them.
You can also buy computers at Office Depot. They don’t have a huge selection in store, but they do online. And remember, they price match if you find a better price!
They also have expensive, but really adorable, Disney pencils. They are really too much to consider buying, but I almost did. Then I reminded myself that I am 22, not 8.
Like this post? Check out my back to school tips for Target!