10 Facts about Rugrats + Free Planner Printable
*This post was sponsored by Paramount*
But before I get to that, I wanted to share some of my personal facts about Rugrats:
- When my niece was little, my mom would quote “Nakey is good, nakey is nakey!” to her
- I learned about Hanukah from Rugrats
- When I was approached to share about these two seasons, I may have screamed a little bit
- The pudding meme is one of my favorite memes ever
Now, onto ‘real’ facts:
- Rugrats was one of the first shows aired on Nick when they first went on air on August 11th, 1991. The other two shows were Doug and the Ren & Stimpy Show
- The creators of Rugrats are also behind Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, the Wild Thornberries, Rocket Power, and As Told by Ginger
- Rugrats is the second-longest running Nicktoon, only behind Spongebob
- Rugrats is the only Nick show to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- All the babies, even the boys, were voiced by women
- Rugrats is the first Nick show to have its own movie, the Rugrats Movie. It made $140 MILLION worldwide.
- Angelica was based on a real person – a little girl who bullied one of the creators
- Tommy is said to be so brave because he was a premie
- Grandpa Lou’s second wife, Lulu, was voiced by Debbie Reynolds.
- Child psychologists would often be called as consultants to settle arguments between the writers and directors. The writers mocked this by creating the never seen character of Dr. Lipschitz, who the parents would often refer to.
Now, this may or may not be true, but my favorite theory ever is that Tommy is based on the Doctor. He has a screwdriver (aka the sonic screwdriver) and in one episode, you can see what looks like a Dalek.
And because I did promise a printable – here it is!
This free happy planner printable is designed for the classic Happy Planner, but with any of my stickers, they can be used in any planner (from the classic, to the mini to an Erin Condren!)
If you use these free planner printables and share on instagram, make sure to tag me @stingythriftybroke! I love seeing everything you guys do in your planners!
To create real planner printable stickers, I suggest buying this sticker paper off of Amazon. Want to cut them out by hand? Check out a swivel knife. Not a fan of hand cutting your stickers? Why not get a silhouette or cricut?
To download the free planner printable, click on the picture. It will open a pdf in a new tab. From there you can print directly or download and then print!
*The above links are affiliate links – these files are for personal use only, not for resale.*