White Chocolate Lemon Oatmeal Bars
You know when you want something delicious, but can’t seem to figure out what to make? That happened to me the other day. I knew I wanted to make something with sweetened condensed milk, because A) it is delicious and B) it means I get to lick the jar.
I decided to make some delicious lemon oatmeal bars. I wanted more than just a normal lemon bar, so I added white chocolate chips. It was like adding sprinkles to an ice cream cone – just the perfect delicious touch.
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 C Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 t Baking Poweder
- 1 1/3 C Oatmeal
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 C Lemon Juice
- 1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease pan or line with foil.
- 2. In large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- 3. In seperate bowl (or large measuring cup) mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mix to butter/sugar. Slowly add in oatmeal.
- 4. In small bowl, empty sweetened condensed milk. Mix in lemon juice.
- 5. Press down 2/3rd of dry mix into pan. Pour lemon mix and spread over crust evenly. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over mix. Take rest of dry mix and try to evenly spread/sprinkle over top.
- 6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before cutting.