Saving Money on Your Trip to Vegas – Guest Post
Vacationing in Vegas is expensive. You could easily drop 2k on your trip. But most of us don’t have that kind of money. So when Jon Lal, founder of BeFrugal reached out about guest posting about money saving tips, I jumped on it.
Saving Money on your Trip to Vegas
By Jon Lal, CEO and founder of BeFrugal
Each year, over 37 million people from all over the world plan a trip to visit one of the most vibrant cities there is – Las Vegas. From its amazing live shows to the infinite casinos and famous lounges, Las Vegas is an exciting summer destination; but it can also be one of the most expensive. So before you plan to visit, check out some of these money-saving tips.
- Baggage Fees– When planning for a fun trip, it’s easy to get carried away with packing and forget about baggage fees. Most airlines charge about $25 for your first bag, but what many people do not know is that a second bag can be $10-$15 more – and a third bag can be more than 5x the price of the first! You can cut down on these expenses by packing carefully and bringing only necessities, ensuring you end up with fewer pieces of luggage. Also, some airlines allow passengers to pay for their baggage ahead of time online. Before paying expensive prices at the airport, see if the prepaying option is available for your flight. Cheaper still – find an airline with no baggage fees!
- All-Inclusive Packages– All-inclusive packages may seem pricey at first, but you can actually save a lot of money with this option. Many packages include special activities at the resort, so you won’t have to worry as much about cab fare or car rentals. They also include your dining options along with any gratuities. There are plenty of packages that even include your airfare. With all-inclusive packages, you are getting exactly what you pay for without any surprise bills at the end of your trip.
- To Fly or to Drive– Deciding whether or not to take a car or a plane can be a difficult decision to weigh when trying to save money. BeFrugal makes it easy with our Fly or Drive Calculator. While using this tool, you can calculate an estimate for how much your expenses will be with information such as your destination, car model, traveling time and more.
- Hotel Loyalty Programs- These programs allows members to save on hotels, even during the busiest times of the year. Perks include having no black-out dates, earning points that can be redeemable for airlines, spa services, and dining, and toll-free concierge numbers. Some programs even allow members to enjoy a free night from their stay.
- Cash Back and Coupons- BeFrugal offers special cash back deals for traveling to Las Vegas as well as coupons for different hotels and shows. Here are a few going on right now:
- Best of Vegas- 10% cash back and up to 50% Vegas shows
- The Palazzo Las Vegas- 3% cash back and 20% off early bookings
- Crowne Plaza Hotel & Resorts- 7% cash back and up to 30% off early bookings