National Milk Chocolate Day
Today is National Milk Chocolate Day! It was started by the National Confectioners Association (according to basic internet research).
Fun facts about milk chocolate:
- It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 gr.) of chocolate.
- The inventor of theChocolate Chip Cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- M&Ms were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting.
- The World’s Largest ChocolateBar Weighed 5,792 kg (12,770 lb).
- A lethal dose of chocolate for a human being is about 22 lbs., or40 Hershey bars.
- Spain introduced milk chocolate to Europe for the first time in the 1600s and the first commercial milk chocolate bars were produced by Cadbury’s in England in the mid 1800s.
I’ve collected 10 of the best looking milk chocolate recipes. Let me know if you make any of them and how they turned out!
Milk Chocolate Fudge
Sinful BrowniesMilk Chocolate Buttercream FrostingBaileys Irish Coffee Caramel Milk Chocolate BrowniesMilk Chocolate CakeMilk Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle BrowniesSalted Caramel Milk Chocolate Chip CookiesMalted Milk Chocolate Chip CookiesDream BarsZebra Caramel Popcorn