Get Ready for Black Friday 2016
Ahhh. Black Friday. I’ve been shopping with my mom ever since I found out Santa wasn’t real. My first Black Friday I got up super early (this was when stores opened at like 5am on Friday.) I ended up sleeping for 24-hours after we got done shopping. Now, I’m the one pulling my mom along to go to more stores, even though she looks like she’s a zombie.
If you’ve never shopped a Black Friday before, it can be pretty darn overwhelming. Heck, I’m a seasoned shopper and I still can get overwhelmed.
Here are some of my top tips:
- Dress in layers – you may have to wait outside. You can always take clothes off, but you can’t put clothes you don’t have on.
- Bring a chair – if you plan on waiting outside for a few hours to be the first in line, take a lawn chair. Once you burst into the store, just throw it into a cart.
- Have cash – have a bit of cash on you, just in case the credit card machines go down.
- Know EXACTLY what you want – make a list and try to stick to it. Once you get all of your must-have items, then you can shop around for all that extra stuff you don’t need but can’t pass up.
- Don’t beat people up – don’t be one of those people who knock a kid down to get the last toy. I promise it will be ok if you don’t get something. A $30 toy or $200 is not worth the court fees you will have for going to jail.
- Bring the ads with you – something may ring up the wrong price at checkout. You can quickly show the cashier the ad with the correct price for a faster checkout.
- Get gift recipets!
- Save extra money by buying $25 gift cards for $10 – buy Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc gift cards for under their value. That way you save even more! Get this deal by going to Raise and creating a new account. Add $25 worth of gift cards to your account (this can be a $15 Walmart gc and $10 Target, or a $25 Best Buy). At checkout, use the code WELCOME10 to get $10 off. By going through my link, you will get an extra $5 off!
My favorite website to figure out exactly what I want to buy is BFAds. They post all the Black Friday ads for every store imaginable.
Here are my favorite stores + my favorite deals at the major three. Of course, you may want to shop other stores or have other favorite deals.
- Fitit Charge HR – $89.99
- Hoover Quest – $199.99
- Beats Tour 2 Headphones – $64.99
- Beats Solo Wireless – $119.99
- HP Laptop with 4gb Memory – $169.99
- Lenovo Laptop with 2gb Memory – $99.99
Where are you shopping this Black Friday?